Have you started noticing small brown spots on your skin? Maybe you could’ve taken better care of your skin or stayed out of the sun more often? In any case, you’re not alone. Many patients who have spent extended time in the sun are vulnerable to experiencing accelerated signs of premature aging on their face, hands and decollate. These sunspots are a form of skin damage, and they represent one of the most common skin concerns. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution to improve your skin tone and restore a more youthful-looking complexion, a photofacial treatment called Venus Versa IPL.
The word photorejuvenation comes from the Greek photo for light, the Latin prefix re- meaning back or again, and the Latin juvenis meaning young.
Together, photorejuvenation means using light to look young again.
Venus Versa™ IPL photofacial treatment is a simple, non-surgical way to effectively target pigment under the skin’s surface to reduce the appearance of discoloration and premature aging. There is minimal discomfort and typically only some redness for about a day afterward. With an IPL photofacial, you can achieve noticeably brighter, clearer, and more youthful-looking skin. Each photorejuvenation treatment also works on vascular marks, such as spider veins and capillaries. All it takes is a few quick treatments, each of which lasts about 15 to 20 minutes and fits easily into your busy schedule or even on a lunch break.
Venus Concept’s photofacial treatments are powered by Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology to safely and effectively fade common signs of premature aging, including sunspots, discoloration, and visible veins. IPL technology sends precise light through several layers of skin. This targets skin imperfections, correcting them without damaging any surrounding tissue. and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. As the pigmented tissue absorbs this light and generates heat, flaws in the skin are repaired without causing damage to surrounding tissue.
It’s important to note that the results vary from patient to patient. Depending on the severity of the skin condition you have and if it is minor, you may only need a couple of sessions or more. However, you will most likely need multiple treatments per treatment area for optimal results. The longevity of the results will depend on the way that your skin behaves to the particular treatment you have and other factors. For instance, it may also depend on the aftercare you perform when you go home.
-Real-time cooling system for more comfortable treatments
-Quick treatment sessions last only 15-20 minutes
– Helps improve signs of premature ageing – fine lines, discoloration, loss of radiance
– Helps reduce pore size and refine the skin’s texture
– Helps diminish diffused redness caused by broken capillaries and rosacea
– Brightens skin tone by fading freckles and sunspots
– Addresses hyperpigmentation
– Removes cherry angiomas
– Partial face – to address targeted areas of hyperpigmentation, freckles, or broken capillaries
– Full face – to restore radiance, brighten skin tone, and promote a more even, rejuvenated complexion
– Full Face – to improve full facial hyper-pigmentation and diffused redness
– Décolletage – to improve sun damage, discoloration and vertical lines
– Neck – to tighten loose skin and improve ‘chicken skin’
– Hands – to help erase sun damage and hyperpigmentation and thicken the skin
– Legs/Arms – erase sun damage and tighten loose skin
You may be a candidate if you have an uneven complexion, discolorations, visible veins, or fine lines. However, photofacials tend to work best on light to medium skin tones. Those with a higher Fitzpatrick score, those with a tan and those with melasma are not good candidates. Because the light rays are attracted to pigment, darker skin tones can actually become discolored and melasma patches can become darker. To determine if you are an ideal candidate, schedule your appointment
with one of our skin care professionals BOOK NOW
For best results, 3-5 treatments are typically recommended, about four weeks apart.
Photofacial would not necessarily be called painful, but it can be a a little uncomfortable. Patients liken the feeling to a rubber band snapping on their skin. The light from the laser is also quite bright, which may be uncomfortable for some with light sensitivity.
The length of treatment is dependent on the number of areas being treated and the number of passes the aesthetician makes on the area. For reference, getting an IPL Photofacial on the face would take about 45 minutes.
Photofacial results perpetually improve over time, with best results being seen three months after the last treatment. Sun protection and skin care maintenance are essential to the longevity of the results. Sunburns and over exposure will bring back old spots and freckles and dullness will return if proper exfoliation during daily routines are neglected. A new series of treatments are recommended every year for optimal results.
Your aesthetician will thoroughly cleanse your skin, so you can either come with or without makeup. After the skin is clean, the aesthetician will apply a cool gel to your skin, which enhances the effect of the light waves. The aesthetician moves the laser over the skin in a grid-like pattern, flashing the light about every centimeter. Depending on your need, the aesthetician may go over the area multiple times.
After the treatment, the aesthetician will again clean the skin, removing the gel. You will likely be slightly red and puffy, but there is no significant down time. You are free to reapply make up right away and return to your normal skin care routine. Be sure to stay out of the sun for at least the next week and be consistent in sunscreen application.
As with any aesthetic treatment, there are risks, however, therefore you should only trust an experienced and licensed aesthetician. Clients with melasma will experience a darkening in those areas and should not be treated. Those who have been on a strong antibiotic or Accutane should not receive treatment until six months after the last treatment.
There are many pros and cons of IPL photorejuvenation treatment.
– The main pro is that IPL photorejuvenation results in your skin looking younger and feeling healthier.
– Another big pro is the photorejuvenation cost. It is comparatively cheap at around $150 per treatment. But it may also depend on your particular skin, especially which part of your body needs treatment.
– The main con is the amount of time it takes to get the full effect of this treatment. Although each treatment only takes a few minutes, most people need three to five treatments spread out over a few months. This means it could take up to five months, depending on your case’s severity, to get the full effect
– Another small con is the possible side effects of this treatment. Because this process doesn’t remove any skin, it is very safe and painless. However, it can cause discomfort in some people.
– It can also result in slight bruising or scabbing, but these go away quickly. Another pro is that photorejuvenation aftercare is simple.
During your photofacial, you can expect to feel a light snapping sensation on your skin. There is a cooling feature built into the applicator to maintain your comfort, however some areas may be more sensitive than others. The entire treatment lasts about 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area.
After your treatment it is normal to feel a sensation similar to a mild sunburn. You can also expect the treatment area to be red for anywhere from a few hours to a day or so. There is no set downtime or recovery time, so you can get back to your daily life as soon as the session has ended. What’s more, you can apply your makeup straight after the treatment without any hassle, which is a massive bonus for many. However, it is best to avoid the sun.
“Open my first consultation with Julia (who is awesome!) explained in the details the process, did skin test and skin analysis and made me feel so comfortable. We schedule a series of IPLs to take care of my concerns. I was a little nervous, never having any facial procedures before. I am half away through, and I am so pleased with my results. I highly recommend Beauty Factory Spa NYC, great staff that does awesome work. Many Thanks ladies!”
– Dea D
At Beauty Factory Spa we recognize your needs are unique. Therefore, we offer all patients a complimentary skin analysis to assess the treatment options and combinations that will give you the best outcome.
Improve the look of your skin, remove redness, brown spots or scarring, reduce pore size, fine wrinkles.